Maybe my opinion was flawed...

The unfortunate passing of maybe the entrepreneurial messiah of our time and the events that followed today gave me goosebumps all over. Never thought that Steve would have had such an influence on me that it would show in a physical emotional reaction.


But there was of course a rational reaction too. In my previous post I argued that Apple didn't launch iPhone5 because of their NFC negotiations. Although I dearly believe that if Steve wanted the iPhone5 to be released no matter how ill he was, that he would have done it. But leaving out the fact that Steve was so very ill and only putting business reasons for a release flawed my argumentation.

Apple must have primarily toned down the launch event because there was no reason for a party when one of the greatest people of our time was in such bad shape.

I applaud you Apple for this decision, even if the NFC argumentation would still turnout to be part of the timing motivation for your release calendar. This time is about Steve and what he means to all of us, not about the product. My condolances go out to his loved ones and all that will miss him.

R.I.P Steve Jobs you are an inspiration for me

Comments

  1. I believe it was not only respect for Steve Jobs but also a business decision why they did not launch the IPhone 5. The death of Steve Jobs is the main talk and has negative effects for Apple's shareholdersvalue. Releasing a IPhone 5, à major investment, would be overshadowed by this news and would not generate the expected value. Apple is taking à hit by the death of Steve Jobs but will blow away the current concerns by releasing the IPhone 5, à technical gem! What results in an increase in shareholders value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you there Bram. But I also still think Steve would have pushed through even on his last day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts